We encourage anyone interested to come out and participate in the world’s oldest and greatest sport, wrestling! The goal of the club is to produce CHAMPIONS both on and off of the mat. The club will focus on the most important areas of wrestling as well stressing teamwork, sportsmanship and making sure kids have fun! Team coach Cody Hamlin along with a staff of wrestlers and coaches with state and national credibility will be leading you through this experience that will see you adopt characteristics that you can carry with you throughout life. The Mountaineer Wrestling Club always stresses a wrestler’s growth, respect, positive attitude, good sportsmanship, and high level of competition. There will also be a component of the club called the Mountaineer Elite Wrestling club that will be for the older club members and more advanced wrestlers. This will be discussed further when we start.
- Teaches the beginner to the advance wrestlers
- Learn from the best instructors
- Train in the State of the art University HS wrestling room
- Personalized instruction available
- Discipline, hard work, teamwork, sportsmanship and having fun will be taught as much as technique
Order your team gearFree shipping on all items. Production and Delivery time is 4-5 weeks.
To provide a safe, fun, and challenging wrestling experience to all participants regardless of individual differences. We strive to promote the physical, mental, social, and emotional development of our members through hard work, commitment, competition and camaraderie. The concepts of self-discipline, growth, respect, positive attitude and good sportsmanship are inherent for success in athletics and life.
Club Details and Contact Information
- Registration will be held before the start of the first practice on Tuesday, October 30tht from 5:00 – 5:45 PM in the hallway in front of the University HS wrestling room. (Entrance at rear of building).
- Practices – Monday’s (Beginning wrestlers) 6:00 – 7:00 PM, Tuesday’s (more experiences wrestlers) 6:00 – 7:30 PM, Thursday’s (Open to all wrestlers) 6:00-7:30 PM (You get aprox. 30 sessions! PLUS coaching at tournaments!)
- First practice will be Tuesday, October 30th (this is for all wrestlers) and run through February 17th.
- Who is eligible: Boys and Girls grades K through 7. (Kids will be split up by age group and ability
- Location will be at the University HS wrestling room
- Cost – $150 plus have a USA wrestling card (for insurance) To obtain USA wrestling card go to www.usawmembership.com
- You MUST have a USA wrestling card before you begin practice
- All participants will receive a t-shirt
Contact Coach Cody Hamlin at (304) 906-7772, firstname.lastname@example.org or UHS Wrestling Coach Ken Maisel at (304) 692-6526, email@example.com